Thursday, January 1, 2015

New Year's Resolutions

Welcome to 2015!  I can't believe how fast this year has flown by, but it's been an absolutely incredible one!  Honestly, if this year is half as good as the last, I will be a happy camper.  I've been blessed to reconnect with several friends from throughout my life, got married, went to London for the first time, and have just truly been enjoying life!  Having said that, I do still have a few resolutions for this next year...
  1. Live in the moment.  My mind is constantly wandering, and I'm often found doing multiple things at once.  While some may see this as productive, I think if I can focus on one thing at a time, I could enjoy that thing more.  For example, if I'm watching a movie with my husband, that's all I want to do.  Not watch a movie and wander around online, or knit, etc.
  2. Journal more.  Yes, I blog, vlog, and make videos, but honestly, there is a lot more to my life than I share on the internet, or would even want to share online.  You know, those innermost thoughts and feelings, and such!  But, I would like to remember them.
  3. Spend time outside.  You may have noticed that I am pale as a ghost, or as some of my friends would say, "porcelain colored".  I will first say that I don't mind being fair, so that's not why I feel the need to spend time in nature.  It's more that I spend way too much time on my computer!
  4. Unplug at least a day a week.  This goes along with #3.  I spend way too much time online and on my computer.  I really do need to make an effort to enjoy life without all the technology.  Honestly, this will probably be the hardest resolution to keep, but I do think it'd be worth it!
So, those are my resolutions for this next year!  I know this post is a little bit different, and a little more personal than my other posts, but I do hope you enjoyed it.  Are you making any resolutions for 2015?  Let me know what yours are in the comments below!

No comments :

Post a Comment