Monday, January 19, 2015

Boxycharm | January

I just got my Boxycharm box for this month, so I thought I would share what I got in it with you all!  The theme of this box is 'Celebrate in Style', so it's supposed to be things for the New Year, but honestly, maybe it's just that I'm just still thinking about the cruise, but I think these items will be great for spring and summer!


The first item I pulled out were these Pur-lisse Skin Sparkle Flash Tattoos, and these always remind me of the beach.  Maybe it's the sparkly, sandy gold that reminds me of walking in hot sand, maybe it's the fact that if you look up flash tattoos on Pinterest or Google, about the only thing that comes up are gorgeous beachy pictures like the one below.  Either way, I'm looking forward to playing with these guys!


Picture from here
To continue this summery trend, Boxycharm included a FULL SIZE of the Tarte Maracuja Bronzing Serum, which I got really excited about!  I've tried the original Tarte Maracuja Serum, and loved it, so I'm sure I'll love this one that also has a gradual self-tanner in it!  Who knows?  Maybe this porcelain doll will have some color in the future!


There were also two products from Beauty for Real, the first being a lip liner that is supposed to be the 'only lip liner you will ever need.'  Honestly, I wasn't too excited about this particular item, since I really don't use lip liners all that often, but it might still be interesting to try out.


The other Beauty for Real item is a little more exciting.  It's a True Color Lip Cream in 'Always There' that is essentially a lip cream that looks pretty much exactly like every other lip color that I own: kind of a dusty pink.  However, the packaging on this thing is crazy.  It has a mirror on the side so you can see what you're doing, and there's a button on top of the wand that turns on a light so you can basically touch up your lips in the dark.  Pretty amazing, right?


Finally, they included a face primer from Mirabella that I was excited about simply because I don't even know the last time I had a face primer.  Yes, I prime my eyes every time I do my makeup, but my face doesn't exactly get the same attention.  This one seems really nice and smooth, so I'm hoping that it will smooth out my skin nicely, and help to create a nice, even canvas!


So, that's everything that I got in this month's Boxycharm!  If you guys have tried any of these products before, please let me know!  I would love to know what you thought of them, and if you have any tips on using them, I would love to hear those, as well!  I hope you are having an amazing day, and I'll talk to you, soon!  Also, if you haven't signed up for Boxycharm, yet, feel free to use my link here!

xoxo,
Megan

1 comment :

  1. http://fayettepa.blogspot.com and http://www.qwantz.com are computer science people.

    ReplyDelete