Monday, November 10, 2014

Bringing Up Baby

I'm not sure if you've heard of or seen Bringing Up Baby before, but as for me personally, I can't believe I hadn't thought to review it earlier!  I was first introduced to this film back in college, when I took a class on film and literature.  I liked it back then, especially since it starred the adorable Cary Grant and the lovely Katharine Hepburn (I could easily watch her movies just for her voice!), but upon a recent viewing, I fell in love with it even more.  Though, to be quite honest, the reason why I love it so much more now won't be incredibly surprising.


The film is centered around a paleontologist, David Huxley (Grant), who is trying to secure a $1 million donation for his museum, but bumps into a flighty, rather annoying heiress, Susan Vance (Hepburn).  They run into each other several times, each time resulting in absolute chaos, before David is finally conned into visiting Susan at her apartment, where he meets Baby, who happens to be a domesticated leopard.

As you may have figured out if you've followed me for very long, this set up is very similar to my family, though on a much more exaggerated scale with completely different personalities.  First, you have David, who is what some would call slightly nerdy, who coincides a bit with Joe's love of computers - though I hardly think you could call Joe nerdy.  Then, there's Susan, who has a love of all things pretty, where I have a beauty vlog, blog, etc.  Finally, you have baby, who is a leopard, where we have Cricket, who is part leopard.


That's essentially where the similarities end, however.  The events that take place in this film could really only take place in a screwball comedy, and are hilarious to watch!  This is definitely a film that I would recommend watching, especially since I don't think it gets nearly enough credit for how amazing it is!  Really, please watch it and let me know what you think of it!

Images are from here and here

No comments :

Post a Comment