Thursday, September 11, 2014

August Glossybox

So, I just recently got my August Glossybox, and it is unfortunately the last Glossybox that I will be receiving for a while.  It's not because this particular one came so late, or because I've been particularly unhappy with it, though.  It's more because the museum where I work is closing the end of this month, and I simply won't have the funds for the moment!  So, in honor of this last box, I thought I'd do an unboxing for you.


The first item in this box is a Skinny Liquid Eyeliner from Eyeko.  It's been pretty amazing in my quick trial run.  It's nice and small, portable, and it leaves a nice, dark line.  It's by far my favorite item in this box, and is perfect for keeping in your handbag or for travel.  It retails for $16, which is quite a bit more than the ELF liquid eyeliner I'm so fond of, but it's much sleeker, and may actually be worth the money.  I'll keep testing and let you know my results! :)


There was also a full-size Sparitual nail polish from their Explore line, called Navigate.  I probably won't get much use out of this, because even though it really is a gorgeous, frosty blue, it's really just not a color I gravitate toward.  However, there are several other very pretty colors in the collection, and if I didn't have such a large nail polish collection of my own, I might consider picking up something in a different shade, like North Star, which is a pretty, dark purple with the same frosty finish.


Then, there was an Eslor Firming Collagen Day Cream.  I haven't heard of this brand before, and I haven't been able to try it out for very long, but I'm excited to see how it works out.  I always love to try out new eye creams, but they're always so expensive!  A full size of this particular cream retails for $85, so getting some in a subscription box is much more preferable!


Another new brand I get to choose is this Uberliss Hydrating Shampoo and Conditioner.  I know absolutely nothing about this, other than it claims to be sulfate-free and to leave hair fibers soft and easy to comb.  We'll see how this one fairs once I've tried it out!


The last item is also very intriguing to me, as it's a highlighter by Kryolan for Glossybox.  It's a really, really pretty color, that is nice and subtle, yet frosty enough to give off a beautiful glow.  I'm really excited about it, and was really hoping that Glossybox would come out with their own makeup line!  I love the packaging and logo, plus they've worked with so many awesome makeup companies, you just know that they have to come out with something good!


I haven't tried it out on my actual face, yet, but I'm really optimistic about this product, and I imagine it will be a fast favorite of  mine!


So, that's everything that I got in my last Glossybox for a while!  I think this is the first time I've actually done an unboxing on my blog, so please let me know what you thought of it, and if I should do more.  Even though this is the last Glossybox unboxing for a while, I do also have a Boxycharm subscription that has proven a bit more difficult for me to part with. :)

No comments :

Post a Comment