Our Engagement Pictures

I am honestly still in shock.  We are exactly one month away from our wedding, and I'm getting really anxious!  Not anxious nervous; anxious excited :).  So, in honor of that fact, I thought I'd share some of our engagement pictures with you guys!  These pictures were taken by our friend, Dana, from Dana J Photography, but she likely won't be able to take our wedding photos, as she's expecting her first child just a couple weeks after the wedding!  

This first one you will probably recognize if you follow me on Instagram (if you don't, you should!), and is very special to me.  It was Casablanca inspired, which is a movie I absolutely love, and the airport is just a good backdrop for us, in general.  Joe loves flying, and has actually been working on getting his pilot's license, and I must admit I've been caught up in it, as well.  There's nothing like flying through the clouds in a little plane!


This photo was actually taken on the beach where Joe proposed!  I won't go into too much detail about his proposal, since the entire story is up on my short-lived wedding blog, Pearls & Lace Bride.  So, if you'd like to know how he did it, just head on over there!


Ah, the classic ring photo!  I adore the way Dana captured this, because not only do you get a lovely view of the ring, but it also has such a lovely, graceful, and romantic feel to it!  I cannot figure out how she did that, because to be honest, neither of us are particularly graceful, and thrive more off gentle teasing than romantic gestures.


Which, is probably why I had to show you guys this next photo!  Dana was helping us pose, and I believe Joe wasn't entirely sure what we were supposed to be doing, so I was teasing him about it a little.  Really, that's how most of the pictures were taken: one of us was consistently giggling if the other didn't understand what we were doing!


I simply had to share this last one with you!  It's stunning, and really does capture the fact that we're small-town Minnesotans quite well!  But, I had to also share with you that I thought I was for sure falling out of this tree!  Being a county girl, I've climbed my fair share of trees, but if you look closely at my hand, you can see there's a big bald spot where the bark has worn away.  This made it crazy slippery, but I'm so glad we were able to capture this moment!


I hope you guys have enjoyed this little peek into my life - I know it's not the kind of thing I typically share with you on this blog.  But, as it's consistently occupying my brain at the moment, and I try to make a point of sharing things I love with you guys, I thought it still  kind of made sense :).  Oh, and if you're getting ready to take your engagement photos, here's my two cents: listen to your photographer's direction, but be you as a couple - it will make your photos more memorable!

Comments