Tuesday, August 19, 2014

What's on Our Wedding Registry?

To be perfectly honest, I didn't think putting a wedding registry together was going to be particularly difficult. In fact, places like Target and Amazon (where we're registered) make it very easy to start a registry.  But, adding items to it was what was difficult.  Joe and I both lived on our own for quite a while before we really even started seeing each other, and were both fairly comfortable.

Amazon Wedding Registry
The links to all items mentioned in our Amazon registry can be found here
So, it was difficult to come up with items that we could use a lot, but for some reason or another hadn't purchased.  I'm quite happy with what we've come up with, though, and thought I'd share some of the items we're most excited about, just in case you are in a similar situation.

Target Registry
The links to all items mentioned in our Target registry can be found here 

As I said, we are registered at Target and Amazon, though we are both fonder of our Amazon list, so I'll talk about that one, first.  The item(s) I think we're both most excited about may seem very boring, but it's a Shredded Memory Foam Pillow with a Bamboo Cover.  We've been living off pillows from Walmart that cost between $1-$2 that are comfy at first, but go flat very quickly, so some pillows that are actually nice are high up on the list.

Pillow

This next item is basically just for my benefit.  It's a Haier 6-bottle Wine Cellar, and I say that it's more for me, since Joe doesn't actually like wine.  My best friend, Emily, and I certainly do, though, so it would still get quite a bit of love if it ends up in our home!

Amazon.com: Haier 6-Bottle Wine Cellar with Electronic Controls: Appliances

This is another item that may seem boring to essentially anyone that doesn't live in our house.  We are big coffee drinkers, and have an espresso machine from Breville that we absolutely adore.  However, when we are emptying the filter, we often end up with a little trail of coffee drips from the espresso machine to the trash can.  So, a coffee knock box has been added to our registry in an attempt to avoid the coffee trail!

Amazon.com: Breville BCB100 Barista-Style Coffee Knock Box: Espresso Machine Accessories: Kitchen & Dining

Speaking of how much we love coffee, we also added a set of four Cappuccino cups to our registry.  Really, if we're going to be coffee snobs, we might as well do it right, right?

Bormioli Rocco Verdi Cappuccino Cup With Stainless Steel Handle, Set Of 4, Gift Boxed

To finish out our favorite Amazon registry items, we have an electric fondue maker from Cuisinart.  We had a fondue maker for a while, but then my mom remembered she'd lent it to us, so now we need one for ourselves.  Plus, this little fondue maker has eight forks, which would be perfect for when we have company (wine and cheese party, anyone?)

Cuisinart CFO-3SS Electric Fondue Maker

Moving on to the Target registry, I'd say that the item Joe and I are most excited about is this Hamilton Beach Breakfast Sandwich Maker.  Joe really likes the Sausage McMuffins from McDonald's (as do I...), but we all know that McDonald's is not the healthiest option available.  So, it would be really nice to make a healthier version of it in our own home!

HAMILTON BEACH Dark Gray Breakfast Sandwich Maker

We also added a Smith & Hawken Wall Organizer, to help us keep track of our keys, mail, etc.  Neither of us are particularly good at knowing where our keys are at any given moment, which makes for a rather frantic morning.  Hopefully a little organizer like this would help alleviate some of that morning stress!

Smith & Hawken Wall Organizer with Chalkboard Label

Ah, a flatware set that actually matches!  Wouldn't that be a dream?  To be honest, we have plenty of flatware - spoons, in particular - but nothing actually matches.  So, we added a set that includes service for eight.  This should also be nice when we're entertaining, or when we simply don't feel like doing the dishes right away.

Room Essentials 45 Piece Satin Flatware Set

Finally, I added a toilet brush, and I'm excited enough about a toilet brush to actually talk about it in a blog post.  Please let that sink in a moment before I explain my reasoning.  This is another of those items where we already have a cheap version of it, so it's hard to really upgrade to a nicer version.  But, our current brush is so wobbly and the stand is really not sturdy at all, so I would really, really like a new toilet brush.  Plus, I like to try and make our bathroom feel clean.

Neo Bronze Bowl Brush


So, those are some of our favorite items on our registry!  It took a long time to really decide what we wanted to put on there, and I'm quite pleased with the results.  If you have any ideas for anything else a couple that already has everything they need could put on their registry, please comment below!  I would love more ideas, and I'm sure I'm not the only one that had a hard time with this!

No comments :

Post a Comment