Friday, August 15, 2014

Toad Hollow Chardonnay

You lovelies know I love wine, but we're going to get nice and personal with this post, because I'm going to tell you what one of my absolute favorite wines is.  That particular wine is the Toad Hollow Unoaked Chardonnay.  It tastes incredible, though I'm not much of a wine connoisseur, so I can't go through all the notes, and what makes it so amazing.  I just really like it, I guess.


It's a fairly sweet wine, but I will warn you that it has quite a bit more alcohol in it that typical wines. Therefore, in addition to being of age before looking for this wine, and drinking responsibly, please realize that this hits you fast.  In fact, this is really where the personal bit comes in, because I do have to admit that the first time I had this, I didn't pay attention to the alcoholic content, and actually ended up getting sick off it.  Now, I would not recommend getting sick off it, but I know that I love this particular wine, because even after that negative experience, I still enjoyed it!


Before I end this post, I do have to mention quickly that I absolutely adore the name and label on this bottle.  The label is so cute, and the fact that this is essentially named after The Wind in the Willows is simply incredible.  I love The Wind in the Willows, and when Emily and I had this on one of our Wednesday Wine Nights, we even had to watch the Disney version, The Adventures of Mr. Toad!  If you happen to spot this particular bottle of wine, I would certainly recommend trying it out!  I certainly love it, but I don't get it very often, as it's not readily available in my town.  Oh well.

No comments :

Post a Comment