Not Your Mother's Beach Babe Sea Salt Spray

Most of the time, I’m so focused on trying to make my hair nice and smooth, frizz free, and soft, but this time of the year, it can sometimes be fun to use a salt spray to give your hair a little texture, making it look like you’ve just stepped out of the ocean…which is a bit of an impossibility for me, as I live directly between the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans. But, everyone likes to pretend to be a mermaid, right? Anyway, my favorite is the Not Your Mother’s Beach Babe Texturizing Sea Salt Spray (You can see why I shortened its name in the title of this post!)


I don’t have a lot of experience with sea salt sprays, though this one seems to work just as well as others I’ve tried in the past with one major difference: this smells incredible. I’m sure if you’ve watched some of my videos, you’ve realized that I love smelling things, and although I can overlook some odors, a product gets major points if I like its scent. This particular product is infused with dead sea salt and sea kelp, which I’m guessing is where it gets its scent, but as I’m not sure what either of those smell like, suffice it for me to say that it when I use it, it makes my hair smell like a tropical beach party, complete with sunscreen, sand, and a pina colada.


It’s not sticky or greasy at all, which is another lovely factor, and is easy to use, as all you have to do is mist it on your hair, then comb through it. Much as I love this, though, I would not recommend using it every single day, as it is comprised of salt, which tends to dry your hair out. While having textured hair is nice right now in the summer, there’s something to be said about having super soft hair once fall comes back around!

Comments