Monday, July 14, 2014

Eyelet Panel Tunic

I fear that I may have to mention how pleased I am with myself every single time I share a new sweater with you.  I also must admit to you that I'm not the best at following through on things, so the fact that I've already completed five of twelve (almost half!) of the sweaters I'd set out to is a tremendously big deal for me - my goal is to have one sweater for every month of the year, though I am still behind on January and February.  Also, I would like to mention that if any of you have felt inclined thus far to also make any of the sweaters I've shared with you, please share them with me via Instagram or Twitter @meganandpearls using the hashtag, #makingsweaters!


This month, I've decided to make this creamy mango tunic that reminds me of something one would wear to a tropical resort.  I used the Bernat Baby Sport yarn (which I also used for my Anisette Cardigan - March Sweater) in the color Peach Blossom.  The thing I love about this yarn is that it comes in lovely pastel colors, and it's nice and light in general so that you can still wear these sweaters when it's a little warmer out.


Compared to some of the other sweaters I've done so far, this one was rather simple without any cabling or added details, but that doesn't mean it's not just as lovely!  Sometimes the simpler items really do make the biggest impression, and I think this one is perfectly elegant in its own right.  As with my other sweaters, if you'd like to see this particular one in action, please come back on Friday!  I'll be doing another fun, Outfit of the Day using it!  Oh, and if you would like to make one for yourself, this is yet another pattern from Vogue Knitting (no, I'm not being sponsored!) that you can find here.

No comments :

Post a Comment