Friday, July 18, 2014

Dreaming of Dreamsicles

I know I already said this, but I am amazed that I've been able to keep up with my "Sweater a Month" goal, so far!  It certainly hasn't been the easies project I've ever decided to undertake, but it has been fun, and I've loved being able to put outfits together, centered around pieces I've made myself!  Honestly, you wouldn't believe how rewarding it feels!


Now, even from the moment I found the pattern for this sweater, I knew this outfit had to be inspired by those lovely orange sherbet and ice cream treats, Dreamsicles.  It's so light, fresh, and fruity feeling, so I paired this lovely sherbet orange top with a tiered, drop waist cream dress that I'd gotten from Forever 21 a while back.

I tried to keep the majority of this outfit fairly neutral, opting for a neutral chevron clutch and a tan pair of wedges I got from Target a while back with one major exception: I decided to add a pop of color, by wearing a light turquoise bubble necklace.  You know the turquoise - the kind that always reminds one of a Tiffany box?  I love that color during the summer, and it looks so nice with orange!


I love this outfit, and it really is a fun one to wear.  It's a little different, but still light and feminine.  It's certainly not meant for those really hot days during the summer, though!  After all, even if this particular sweater is a bit lighter than others I've done, it can still get warm!  What do you think?  Do you like this outfit?  Let me know in the comment section!

Details
Top: Vogue Knitting
Dress: Forever 21
Necklace: Walmart
Wedges: Target
Clutch: JustFab

No comments :

Post a Comment