Saturday, June 7, 2014

Pistchio and Gold Studded Mani

Surprise! I’ve written a post on a Saturday! At least in the past – even before my rather long absence a few months ago – I actually tried to keep to a strictly Monday-Friday schedule, but since I’m really going at this blog strongly (don’t tell anyone, but I actually have an agenda for the posts I want to do!), I’ve found that sometimes there’s just not enough time in a week. So, every once in a while, I may just decide to surprise you guys and put up a post on a Saturday! No word on Sunday, yet, as I believe that should be a day of rest, but who knows what will happen in the future?


Enough talk about schedules, though. What I truly wanted to tell you about today was a new, rather simple manicure that I just did for myself that I’m absolutely in love with. It’s a rather minimalistic design using Ciate’s Sweet Pea on the majority of my nails, and adding a little gold stud at the base of all those nails, then painting my ring finger with OPI’s lovely gold shade, Glitzerland. This was actually the first time I’d ever used studs, having only had rhinestones before (which are also gorgeous), but I think I may be hooked. They give a girly design a nice little edge without being too tough!


I love how it looks so nice and classic on your hands, without being too dramatic, though it’s not too subtle, either! Personally, I think it looks very summer-resort chic, and I fully intend to head outside and enjoy some sunshine with a nice floppy black hat, pretending I’m an old Hollywood movie star. Hey, a girl can dream, can’t she?

No comments :

Post a Comment