Anisette Cardigan

I sense a love affair with cardigans coming on, as this is the second sweater in a row where I've decided it necessary to knit a cardigan.  However, I did learn my lesson after my Cabled Cardigan with Flowers, and have opted for one that has short sleeves and is in a cream color so that it is actually suited for these warmer months!  I actually even used Bernat Baby Sport in white, which is a lighter weight!  The pattern I used was yet another Vogue Knitting Pattern, the Anisette Cardigan (and you can find the pattern here).


At least around here, cardigans are amazing.  In the Midwest, the temperature fluctuates a lot during a day, so you never really know how to dress, which means it's nice to have something you can put on and take off at a moment's notice that still looks nice and polished.  Of course, I will admit to you that I'm also a bit self-conscious about my arms, as I can never seem to get the skin there under control, so a cardigan helps me at least feel a little more covered up.


Of course, I do love this particular cardigan more than just because it's summer appropriate and makes me feel a little more covered.  I also love the cables on it, as well (really, I love cables on any type of knitwear), and the little lacy eyelets are such a nice little detail!  I has a nice, casual summer look to it, but still looks nice and classy.  I would love to know what you think of it, though, so please do let me know in the comment section, and come back Friday to see it used in an Outfit of the Day!

Comments

  1. I'm so glad you posted this on Facebook! I didn't know you had blog, I can't wait to look around! The cardigan is beautiful...it's so fun to see what you have been working on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Kim! It's really a lot of fun! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment