Cabled Cardigan with Flowers

I must say, I'm quite proud of myself.  In my Made in Minnesota Outfit of the Day post, I'd mentioned that I wanted to try and knit a sweater (or something similar) every month for the entire year.  Although I'm not even close to caught up, having missed January, February, and March, I did get another sweater done for May, and of course I had to share it with you!


This cardigan is very different than last month's Bohemian style Bobble (and Beads) dress, in that it's a very vintage style cardigan, absolutely covered in flowers and frills!  Like the Bobble (and Beads) dress, this one was fun and quick to knit up, and it also introduced me to two additional ways of doing bobbles.  I had no idea there were so many variations of such a simple concept!  I made the cardigan by following a free pattern from Vogue Knitting (you can find it here) and using Caron's Simply Soft in Black, which was just a yarn that I had lying around.  I do slightly regret not doing this in a lighter color, like a pretty cream or pink, since I'll want to wear it a lot this Spring, but other than doing another one, there's not a lot I can do about it now.  Oh well.  Perhaps I'll have to make an additional one later when I have more time.


Just as in my last sweater post, if you'd like to see what this frilly little cardigan looks like on, just make sure to come back on Friday!  I'm planning another Outfit of the Day style post, using this sweater.  It's actually been a lot of fun to come up with outfits involving pieces that I've made, and I look forward to doing another next month!

Comments