Monday, May 26, 2014

Breakfast at Tiffany's

If you don't know this film solely by virtue of it being an incredible movie, you simply must know about it through the song of the same name by Deep Blue Something.  Even my fiance knows this movie, though I must admit that it is only because of that particular song, which he feels inclined to sing every single time I watch it (sometimes I'm lucky enough that he'll add in guitar!).  This event actually happens quite frequently in our house, because even though Singin' in the Rain is and always will be my favorite movie, Breakfast at Tiffany's is a close second!


Really, the fact that I adore this film is probably not much of a surprise to many of you.  Breakfast at Tiffany's has everything a beauty girl could ask for - Audrey Hepburn at her finest as an outgoing, quirky, and precocious Holly Golightly who owns a lovely little cat named Cat, and finds love in New York City all while wearing fabulous clothes and managing a slight obsession with Tiffany's.  Really, I think all of us beauty girls can all relate in some manner, or at least imagine how lovely all this would be!

In addition to having a fun, crazy, and sometimes hard to follow storyline, this film also contains one of my absolute favorite songs - Moon River - sung by Audrey herself while sitting on the fire escape of her apartment, comfortable and relaxed.  I love that song to pieces!  Even if you don't care to watch the entire movie, please take a moment to listen to that song!


Now, if you're a beauty girl and you haven't seen this, I'm sure you already know that I'm going to tell you to watch it.  After all, what else would I tell you?  And if you have seen it, maybe it would be worth watching again soon?  I know I'll be watching it tonight!

Images from here and here

No comments :

Post a Comment