Aveeno Daily Moisturizer

Having had dry skin essentially my entire life, I've begun to think of myself as a bit of a moisturizer connoisseur.  I'm constantly looking for new lotions to try, and I know not only how well a great many of them work, but also which ones to reach for depending on what my skin looks and feels like.  I've yet to find my one, do it all, "holy grail" moisturizer, but I'm also a little doubtful something like that is actually out there.


Having said that, I must say that I have found the best moisturizer for when I am sick.  Honestly, I can have a runny nose for one day, and my nose will be throbbing, peeling, and be red enough that I might be mistaken for Rudolph's sister.  It's truly horrid.  However, the last time I was ill, I happened to also be using my Aveeno Daily Moisturizer (with SPF 30!) as my face lotion, and it cleared everything up so well, and quickly!  It actually surprised me how well it worked, as I had just gotten done telling my best friend, Emily (also a moisturizer connoisseur), that I wasn't overly impressed with this little guy, and that even though it worked alright, I probably wouldn't be purchasing it again.


So, I've come to the conclusion that although I can't see much of a difference on my "normal" skin (it's still rather dry), this moisturizer does very well on extremely dry, damaged skin.  I'm still not entirely certain as to how this works, but it has certainly earned a place in my medicine cabinet!

Comments