Revlon Parfumerie Nail Enamel

You know, Revlon nail polish is such a hit or miss item for me.  Sometimes I really like it, and sometimes the formula really bothers me for some reason.  As I do not like discussing the things I don't care for on this blog, you can rest assured that I do, however, like the polishes from the Revlon Parfumerie line...well, most of the ones I own, anyway.


The most intriguing part about this particular collection of polishes is that they are, as the name implies, scented when dry.  Some of them are stronger than others - for example, the Bordeaux polish is much for heavily scented than the Italian leather one, both pictured above - but most smell rather lovely for a good day or so before the scent starts to fade.  If you must know, one polish in particular that I own from this collection did not make it into this post, simply because the scent was too overpowering, though.  It is a lovely lilac shade that smells of Lavender Soap - much too strongly of Lavender Soap.

However, the other two polishes in my possession are quite lovely.  The first is a lovely dark grey with just a hint of olive, and golden green speckles of glitter.  It's one of those beautifully unique shades that I seem to have far too many of in my collection, but I still absolutely love them.  It is the scent Italian Leather, and reminds me of a new car.  This in turn, reminds me of Joe, as he owns a rather old BMW that he is quite fond of, and is essentially a lover of anything that has a motor.


The other is a bit more, shall we say, "me"?  It is a classic red that is in the scent Bordeaux, or in other words, wine.  Although wine seems to be a recurring theme on my blog and YouTube channel, I do feel that I have to take a moment and mention that apart from one day a week when I get together with one or two good friends to drink wine conservatively, I really don't drink much at all.  I just really like the color and scent of red wine a lot, I guess.  Besides, while this one does smell a bit like wine, it has more of a non-alcoholic scent to it, if that makes sense, and smells more like juice than anything.


Obviously I don't know how all of these polishes smell, as I have only tried three of them, but I would certainly recommend these two!  They smell amazing, and the formula is nice and smooth, and creamy as well.  It only takes two coats to get an opaque coat, and it wears nicely.  If you are not a fan of strong smelling lavender soap, though, I would recommend staying away from that one...

Comments