Marc Jacobs Style Eye-Con No. 7

I'm first going to address those of you that follow me on my YouTube channel, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, etc., and then I'll get to the rest of you.  Those of you that follow me on social media knew this was coming.  I absolutely adore this palette, so of course I had to talk about it!  As for those of you that may have recently stumbled upon this site, Welcome!  I'm glad to have you here, and I hope that you'll stay a while.  You folks may recognize this as similar to Elle (allthatglitters21) and Fleur's (FleurDeForce) Lolita palettes.  However, this is not the Lolita.


This is the Starlet.  It is essentially comprised of seven colors straight from Old Hollywood, and you know how much I love Old Hollywood!  There is a muted lilac, a metallic champagne pink, metallic dark copper brown, metallic bright copper, metallic gold (with what looks like a hint of olive!), metallic bluish silver, and a metallic gunmetal grey.  These colors are so beautiful and pigmented!  My goodness!  I thought that Urban Decay's Naked palettes packed a punch - they can't hold a candle to this guy!  I am honestly quite addicted to this palette - I've been wearing the champagne pink and dark copper brown every single day to work, and I don't think I'm even close to getting tired of the combination.  In fact, I like it so much that I'll likely try to come up with a look for my wedding (October 4th!) using it!


At $59 for 7 colors, this is definitely a luxury palette, and certainly won't be for everyone.  Especially the Starlet.  As I said, I use this palette every single day, but my style is such that these colors work very well for me.  So, while I love it, and would certainly recommend it for anyone that has a similar sense of style to me, I would also suggest going to a physical Sephora, and swatching it before making any quick decisions!  You've no idea how many times I had to sit and stare at it before committing!

Comments