Everyday Princess: Ariel Inspired Manicure


Those of you that watch my videos may already know that I have an Everyday Princess series on my YouTube channel, where so far I have done hair and makeup looks for Elsa and Anna from Frozen.  Well, it's time for the next installment of the Everyday Princess series, and this time I thought I'd get my blog involved, as it's been a while since I've shown it some love.  As you may have guessed from the title of this post, this week's focus is on Ariel from The Little Mermaid, and today I'm explaining how I got this beautiful manicure inspired by her fin.

Really, this was a very simple manicure, and I only used one polish: Essie's Crocadilly, from their Repstyle collection.  I'm not the biggest snakeskin fan, so I'd overlooked this collection for quite a while, but when I decided I wanted to do a look for Ariel, I happened to take notice of it.  I realized that the snakeskin look to these polishes also happened to look a lot like fish scales, so I picked up Crocadilly, which was the only green in the collection.

Getting the polish to actually work the way you want can take a little practice, but essentially what I do is first apply a base coat to all my nails, then paint one coat of Crocadilly on my nails and let it dry.  Before I do anything else, I like to shake the bottle up a little, so the iron pieces are evenly distributed.  Then, one nail at a time, I paint a second coat and hover the magnet over the nail for 5-10 seconds.  The result is a lovely manicure that subtly reminds me of a mermaid fin!


Comments

  1. Do you sell merch? T-shirts, mugs? With your Megan and Pearls art on it? I love Minnesota but I am not Minnesota.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I trust yours. Groebels. You're not Elle and Blair, but I found you on theirs.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment