September Glossybox Unboxing

I have seen so many unboxing videos, whether it's My Glam, Birchbox, what have you, but I was never particularly interested in them until I came across Glossybox.  I don't know what it is, either.  Maybe I just like the pretty packaging, or I liked more of their past products, or something.  You know what, it was probably that little crown seal on the top of the box.  It makes me feel like a princess.


Whatever the reason for my attraction to this box, I still hemmed and hawed over it for a while, looking through all the past boxes, trying to determine if I really wanted to get a subscription or not.  I think it's quite clear that eventually I decided it would be worth a try, and got a 3-month subscription.  They do offer subscriptions for a 1 time only box, and also for 3-month, 6-month, and 12-months plans, but I felt the 3-month plan would be best for me.  It gives me more of a chance to see what this box is about, without much of a commitment.

After going through this little guy, though, I think I might be getting a longer subscription when my current one runs out.  Some of the products are so innovative - at least to me!  For example, one of my favorite items is a makeup remover pen, which is to washing your face like a Tide pen is to washing your clothes.  It's for touching up your makeup while you're on the go, like getting rid of those pesky smudges eyeliner sometimes leaves behind.  Plus, I've already tried it, and it works amazingly! 

I also got a pretty big sample of BCBGMAXAZARIA Bon Genre perfume, which is described as being "seductive, mysterious, and intriguing".  It smells amazing, and (according to Macy's), "infuses melodic notes of lychee and red berries with spicy black pepper and bergamot" then "opens up into a blend of jasmine noir, tuberose, cardamom, and tiger-lily florals, layering warm amber, Australian sandalwood, patchouli, and black vanilla".  I'm not really sure what all those things smell like, but it is essentially one of the best date-night scents I've smelled in quite a while.


Another item I was particularly excited about what the clinical-looking bottle called Nioxin Diamax.  It is a hair product that is supposed to be applied to the roots daily, and increase the diameter of your actual hair strands.  My friend, Siri, and I are constantly looking for products that will help thicken our hair, so hopefully this works!  I'll definitely keep you posted on this one!

Also included in my box was an eyelash curler from Emite Makeup, which I have yet to try, but just playing with it makes me believe that it will work much better than the one I've been using for ages.  It's also valued at $25 more than the one I've been using, so it will make me rather sad if it doesn't.  I also got an eyeliner pen from Be a Bombshell Cosmetics.  Once again, I have a feeling this will work a bit better than the one I've been using, because the one I have I bought for $1.99 from Walgreens.  This one feels a little more heavy duty, and almost like a Sharpie rather than an eyeliner!


Well, there we go!  My first Glossybox.  As I said, I will be getting at least two more of these, but I might film the unboxing of those ones rather than do another post.  I think video-wise you can see the products a little better, while sometimes blog posts are better with reviews, since you can get a little more in-depth with them.

What did you think?  Do you or have you had a Glossybox subscription?  Have you thought about getting a subscription box or do you currently get one?  Which ones?

Let me know in the comment section!

Comments