Bumble and Bumble Thickening Shampoo

I put up a video talking all about my Shower Routine recently, and in that video, I used a product that a lot of you were wondering about: the Bumble and Bumble Thickening Shampoo.  First off, I'd like to say that this was a whim purchase.  I had seen a lot of postive reviews about Bumble and Bumble's Surf Spray, and just happened to start browsing their other products, when I saw they carried this Thickening Shampoo.  I, like apparently many of you, would love to have thicker hair, so into my cart it went, without much of a thought. 


Once I got it home, I fell in love with the scent - I think it smells like eucalyptus and lemon, but I don't have the best sniffer, so I wouldn't trust me on that description.  It also lathers up really well, probably thanks to the sulfates in it.  Yes, it has sodium laureth sulfate in it, so if you don't like using products with sulfates in them, this is not a product for you.  I don't really mind it, and I still find the big lather kind of comforting.  You really don't need to use much, either.  A dime size is more than enough for my hair.

Finally, the section of the review that I'm sure most of you have been waiting for: Does it work?  Yes, and no.  See, because this was a whim purchase, I didn't really read what this shampoo was supposed to do, and assumed that it was supposed to make your hair thicker.  What it is actually supposed to do is give your hair more volume and body, making it look thicker.  It definitely does that, but if you're looking for a miracle hair product, you may want to try something a little different.


All this being said, I absolutely love this shampoo.  It gives my hair a lot more volume than I usually have, and my hair does look thicker, which is exactly what I wanted.  Yeah, it might be nice to have hair that is actually thicker, but I'm not disappointed with it at all, and would definitely recommend it.

Have you tried this shampoo before?  What did you think?  What are your favorite hair products right now?

Let me know in the comment section!

Comments