5 Favorite Drugstore Lip Colors for Fall

Isn't there just something about these colder months that screams 'Wear red lipstick!'?  Maybe it's just me, but I love wearing some form of red lip most days in the fall and winter, and today I thought I would share with you five of my favorite drugstore lip colors!  I tried to get a little bit of a range with the colors I picked, going from lighter, hints of red to bright red to something you could see a vampire wearing.  I hope you like them!


My first two picks are probably the most safe out of all of these colors, so if you're looking for a darker lip that doesn't stand out too much, either of these would be a good bet.  The first is Revlon's Mauvy Night, which is a plummy, almost grey color.  At least for me, if something has a cooler, grey undertone to it, it's safe, and if you've read my blog for any length of time, you know that I like my comfort zone!

The next is one of the Revlon Just Bitten lip stains, and this one is in Forbidden.  As you can see in the picture below, it is a darker color, but very light, and sheer, so you're just getting a little wash of color.  It's really very similar to Mauvy Night, but in a stain form.  The other amazing thing about this color is that since it is a lipstain, it will stay on your lips pretty much the entire day without budging!

Another favorite recently has been a Wet & Wild lipstick in the shade Dark Wine.  This one is not for the faint of heart, though.  I don't reach for this as often as I'd like because I do have a full time job, and it looks kind of vampy on me  (pale skin, dark hair...yeah).  But for the right occasion, it is amazing!  Plus, since it's from Wet & Wild, it's really quite inexpensive, too!


I think that a bright red is always going to be a necessity, so I had to of course include one of those in my 5 Favorites, and the one I've been loving has been the Rimmel Show Off Lip Lacquer in Big Bang.  It has such a vibrant color to it, goes on nice and smoothly, and lasts quite a while.  The only problem that I've noticed with it, and the main thing that seems to bother other people about it is the smell.  Personally, I think it smells a little like pencil shavings, and it doesn't bother me too much, but you do notice it.

Saving the best for last, my favorite lip color right now has to be Revlon's Wine With Everything.  It's such a pretty, deeper red with a slight brown to it that definitely makes an impact without being too over the top.  This color was actually featured in my last Favorites video, and is part of a giveaway on that video!  If you would like to enter  to win this particular lip color for yourself (and a pretty scarf) enter here before October 16th 6:00pm CDT!

What is your favorite color to wear for Fall and Winter?

Let me know in the comment section!

Comments