A Sample Story

I love getting samples from Sephora - especially the deluxe samples from their VIB program.  They're adorable little miniature clones of their adult counterparts, and just make me happy.  Problem is, I don't use them nearly as much as I should, because I don't want to use them up!  This, of course, is ridiculous, and makes no sense.  So, to persuade myself to actually use my samples, I thought I'd do some mini-reviews of a few I've currently been using.


The first is this Sexy Mother Pucker Lip Plumping Gloss in Candy Gloss.  It has a rather rude name, which I'm not the biggest fan of, and after having used it a while, I'm still not sure what I think of the product itself, either.  I love the champagne color it gives my lips, but it's rather sticky and thick, making it difficult to apply.  I also don't like the tingling plumping sensation, even though I know that's how it's supposed to be.  I do feel that my lips look fuller with this product, so maybe I could look past the tingling, but the texture is a deal-breaker for me.


Next up is Illamasqua's Hydra Veil Rehydrating Gel.  It is a hydrating primer, and this is another product I wasn't certain about at first.  When I got the sample, I hadn't looked at the product itself, so I was shocked when this chunky, clear gel came out of the tube.  It seriously reminded me of hair gel, and I decided right then and there that I didn't like it.  But, when I rubbed it in, the texture completely changed, and it was so smooth.  After I finished putting on the rest of my makeup, I could tell there was a clear difference, too - my skin looked much more radiant, and I completely changed my mind about this product.  I may even end up picking up the adult version of this guy.


Finally, I thought I'd quick mention a product you already know about if you've seen my Skincare Routine video, and it is the Caudalie Vinoperfect Broad Spectrum SPF 15 Day Perfecting Fluid.  Really, it's just a face moisturizer.  It smells really good - just like the rest of the Vinoperfect line, but it's not my favorite moisturizer ever.  It does have SPF, which is always good, but it doesn't work as well as my Kate Somerville Goat Milk Cream or my Olay Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Cream.  So, sadly, I will not be purchasing this for the rest of my Caudalie products.


So, those are the samples that I've been trying out.  Samples are an amazing way to test out products without any commitment - as long as you actually use them!  The Illamasqua Hydra Veil Rehydrating Gel is definitely now on my beauty wish list, but I can skip the Caudalie Vinoperfect Broad Spectrum SPF 15 Day Perfecting Fluid.  Have you tried out anything new recently?  What have you tried, and what did you think about it?  Let me know in the comment section below!

Comments