Thursday, July 25, 2013

Nail Time: Essie Apricot Cuticle Oil

Let me just say that I feel so clever for coming up with the name Nail Time.  It reminds me of back when my little brother would watch that show, Blue's Clues, and they would sings that song:

 Here's the mail, it never fails, it makes me wanna wag my tail, when it comes I wanna yell 'Mail'!

If you haven't seen that, here you go: Blue's Clue 'Mailtime'

Oops.  I haz a shadow.

Anyway, today's post is not about mail.  It's actually about a lovely little cuticle oil from Essie.  I've been a little more focused on the well-being of my hands lately, and while I have yet to find a hand creme that I adore, I have found this apricot-scented cuticle oil that has been tiding me over while I finish up a lotion that I'm not incredibly fond of.  I won't disclose which hand creme that is, but let's just say that it reminds me of being on my uncle's cow farm.  Even worse, I'm not finding that it's incredibly hydrating.  Good thing it was only a sample!

This cuticle oil, however, smells quite lovely and fruity, and after applying it, I find that I'm constantly smelling the tips of my fingers.  If you're not a big fan of the apricot scent, I wouldn't worry too much, because unless you are trying to smell it like I do, you really probably won't get a very strong whiff.  Also, my fingertips feel so much smoother and they actually feel hydrated after just a few uses of this little oil, and trust me when I say, my cuticles were bad.  I have the kinds of cuticles that get really dry, and start to crack at the base of your nail, which is not only unattractive, but it also hurts!

So, it comes in a little nail polish looking container, complete with the little brush that all the Essie polishes have, and all I do is swipe it around my nail every morning and night.  I let that sink in for a little while since that's really my problem area for my hands, then rub the rest in getting more of my fingertips.  This leaves the skin directly around my nail feeling nice and soft after just a couple uses, making them feel and look so much better!

Since you now know about my hand concerns, I would love to hear what you use for your hands!  Do you use hand creams?  Which ones?  Other nail treatments?  Let me know!

I hope you're having a lovely day!

Love,
Megan

2 comments :

  1. I've been wondering about using a cuticle oil. I really like to keep my fingernails looking nice, so I think I'm might go ahead and get some for myself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cuticle oil really does make a difference for me! I can use as much hand cream as I want, and it still doesn't compare to using an oil on them just in the morning and at night!

      Delete