Monday, July 29, 2013

Kate Somerville Goat Milk

After using the Clinique 3-Step Skincare System for years and years and years, I decided that I wanted to try something just a little bit different.  So, I thought I'd try a face cream that I've been seeing quite a bit recently on different blogs and featured in different videos, the Kate Somerville Goat Milk Cream.


First of all, I really like the texture of this cream, as it's so nice and light, and really does hydrate your skin very well.  I've been pairing it with the Caudalie Vinoperfect Make-up Remover Cleansing Water, Radiance Serum, and the Day Perfecting Fluid (I have a sample size of each of these products, but once they're out, I'll be purchasing the full-sized products, so I'll do a review of them then.) and the whole group just works so well together!

That being said, I do have a couple concerns about this product.  First off, it does smell a little odd, as it's primarily made from goat milk, and there aren't really any other "fragrance" ingredients in it.  However, it's a rather light scent to me, and once it's actually on my face, I don't notice it.

Also, the packaging, beautiful as it is, confuses me.  Once you remove the cap, you're faced with essentially another white cap with a tiny little hole in the middle.  Really, had I not gotten kind of lucky, and realized that the entire white cap was a button, I would probably still be staring at this product in confusion, and this review would not be up.  Basically, you press this white button, and the cream comes out of that tiny little hole.  Even though this annoys me a bit, I do have to say that I appreciate that when you slide the cream off the cap, there's nowhere for excess cream to get stuck, which is something that annoys me about some pump-products.

All in all, I really do love this face cream.  It works essentially just as well as the Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion, which has been my go-to face lotion for, as I said, years and years and years, even if it is a bit more expensive.  Maybe it's just that I'd gotten so used to the Clinique lotion, but this one feels so much more luxurious, though, and really, paired with the Caudalie products I mentioned earlier and the Dior Creme de Rose, it's a skincare routine made in heaven!

Ingredients: Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Goat Milk, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Emulsifying Wax NF, Stearic Acid, Glycerin, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Simmondsia Chinesis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Hamamelis, Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Water, Tocopherol, Phenoxyethanol, Xanthan Gum, Salix Nigra (Willow) bark Extract, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Mannan, Melia Azadirachta Seed Oil, Rosmarinus officinalis (Rosemary) Extract, Tetrasodium EDTA, Citric Acid

No comments :

Post a Comment