Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Jergens Shea Butter Deep Conditioning Moisturizer

If I could, I would probably use Bath & Body Works lotions all the time, simply because they smell absolutely amazing - nothing else really compares scent-wise for me.  However, I have really, really, really dry skin.  Really.  So, sometimes I need a little more moisture than the Bath & Body Works ones can give me.  That's when I turn to one of my holy grail lotions: basically any of the Jergens moisturizers that look something like the one pictured here.

I am amazing.  That is all.

Yes, my favorite body moisturizer is one that you can find at pretty much any drugstore, but I keep coming back to this stuff because it works the fastest and best of any moisturizers I've come across.  Believe me, this has been no quick task, either.  When I was really quite young, my skin itched so badly, that my parents and I began hunting for lotions that would help alleviate the itching - and really, it was itchy to the point of being painful.  We tried Eucerin, Cortizone 10, all these different lotions, and they'd be okay, but they were too thick, or too expensive to really use on a regular basis.

Then, a few years ago, I happened upon a sample of the original Jergens lotion, and fell in love with it. I actually went and picked up a full size of it the next day, if not the same day that I tried it, and I've gone through several bottles since then.  I've tried different scents, and they've all worked just as well as the next, but my current favorite is this Shea Butter one.  It's a little thicker than some of the other Jergens lotions, but still not too thick.

I picked it up because the Shea Butter one seemed to be the most summer-appropriate scent, but one thing I've noticed with the Jergens lotions is that they tend to smell nice right when you put them on, but after a little while being on your skin, it does change to more of a plasticy kind of scent.  It's not entirely unpleasant, nor very strong, but it's still something to think about.

Even though I really do like this one, I think I'll be on the hunt for fast-acting, good smelling moisturizers for quite a while, so if you know of any other lotions I should try, I would love it if you'd let me know in the comment section below!

I hope you're having a splendid day!

Love,
Megan

Ingredients: Water, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Cetearyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Petrolatum, Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Isononanoate, Ceteareth-20, Hydroxyethyl Urea, Octyldodecyl Myristate, Mineral Oil, Cetyl Esters, Stearic Acid, Hydrogenated Polydecene, Methylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Carbomer, Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Butter, Fragrance, Propylparaben, Dimethiconol, Sodium Hydroxide, Caramel, Tocopherylacetate, Methylisothiazolinone

No comments :

Post a Comment