Tuesday, July 23, 2013

How to Deal With Makeup Reactions

At some point, I think just about every beauty lover will have an adverse reaction to something new in their makeup or skincare routine.  In fact, it happened to me just a week or two ago, and I have to tell you, it was miserable.  To make matters worse, I also made the classic mistake of trying too many new products at once, so I couldn't figure out what on earth was making my skin act so goofy.

To help you avoid - or at least know how to deal with a negative reaction, I've compiled a list of little lessons I've learned from going through this little experience.
  1. This is going to be obvious: add 1 new product at a time to your skincare or makeup routine so that if you do have a reaction to it, you know exactly what it is.  If you've already made the classic mistake of trying a bunch of new products at once, and had a reaction to one of them, cut out all new products, and focus on fixing your skin before trying out what product caused it.

  2. Focus on your skincare routine, and use a tried-and-true method.  Basically, this means using a skincare routine that you already know works for you.  If possible, it's best to not wear makeup at this stage, as it will likely only agitate the affected area more.  If you have to, try to use it sparingly.  For example, I would wear a little to work, just to hide the reaction, but as soon as I was home for the night, that stuff was off my face.

  3. Once you figure out what product gave you the reaction in the first place, it wouldn't be a bad idea to compare its ingredients list to other products you may have had a negative reaction to, as it could be that you may have an allergy to a specific ingredient.
I hope this post has helped you - or will help you if you run into skin trouble!  If you have any other tips for what to do if you have a reaction to makeup or skincare items, please let me know in the comments below!

I hope you have a terrific day!

Love,
Megan

No comments :

Post a Comment