Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Dior Creme de Rose Smoothing Plumping Lip Balm

After hearing so many great things about the lovely floral-scented Creme de Rose, and reading a bunch of reviews that absolutely raved about it, I finally caved, and picked it up.

I'm like walking through a garden!

I love roses, so I love the scent of this product, not to mention the product itself is such a beautiful shade of pink, and the packaging is gorgeous.  Seriously, it's like a little plastic throw pillow for my vanity, it's just so cute!

However, I can't say that I was immediately impressed with it like I have been with other products.  I used it as a lip treatment the night I got it, and in the morning, my lips actually felt a bit drier than they usually do, which is certainly not the point of a lip balm.  On closer inspection, I did notice that my lips were actually a bit smoother, and that was about the time that I remembered that this was also a lip-plumping product.

Lip-plumping products always seem to sting a little bit on my lips, so I've decided that this is likely why my lips felt drier to me the first morning.  Since then, I've kind of just been expecting it.  I haven't really noticed any plumping effect to my lips due to this lip balm, though, which is a bit annoying because I'm still getting the stinging sensation, but what can you do?  It does smooth your lips really very well, so I guess this little guy will have a place to live for a while.

Like I said, I've been using it as a lip treatment as part of my nightly skincare routine, but you can also use it as a typical lip balm - though at almost $30, it seems a little excessive, especially when I have plenty of $1-something lip balms in my purse at any given moment.  You can also use it as a base or primer for lipstick or lipgloss, which I haven't actually tried, yet.  I'll definitely let you know how it works out for me though!

As I'm writing this, I feel like I'm writing a bad review about this lip balm, but that's really not what I'm trying to do.  I probably won't write about products I don't love, so I want to re-emphasize that this is actually a really awesome, hydrating lip balm that feels incredibly luxurious as you're putting it on, and even in the morning, if you can get past the plumping sensation, your lips really do feel amazing!  That being said, this is a review, and if you lovely people are considering purchasing this little beauty, I do want you to know the little surprises I came across while using it!

If you've tried the Dior Creme de Rose before, make sure to let me know in the comment section below!  I would love to know what you think about it, and how you use it!

I hope you're having a magnificent day!

Love,
Megan

No comments :

Post a Comment