Friday, July 12, 2013

Choose Your Level of Difficulty: Shoe Edition

Have you ever heard the phrase, "Life is a game"?  I absolutely love that, and try to live by it as much as I can.  There are definitely some levels - er, days - that are more fun than others, but even the bad days are easier to handle when you think of life as a recreational activity, rather than something that should be taken too seriously.

What difficulty level do I want to set my day at?

Perhaps you're wondering where this is going, as this is a beauty and fashion blog, not a lifestyle blog.  (Though, if you want more information on my life, feel free to check out my vlog channel!)  Well, every morning you wake up to the start of the next level of your life, you get to set your difficulty level!  In fact, you can change that particular day's difficulty level multiple times throughout the day if you want.

Hard?  from JustFab

For me, at least, this means picking particular pairs of shoes.  If I choose flip-flops or flats, I'm definitely playing on the beginner level, and probably having a blast - my character moves much faster in that kind of footwear.  A pair of high heels?  I'm playing on hard or expert depending on the pair, and rocking it!  Midheels?  Well, technically I don't own any, but that would be setting your difficulty at medium - I guess I'm just an all-or-nothing kind of girl!

Easy?  from American Eagle

This is probably an odd thought for some of you - maybe it's more about if your shoes match your outfit, or maybe they're just a really cute pair!  But, just take a moment to think about this theory sometime during the day, and see if it's true for you or not!

If you do find that you agree with me, let me know how difficult you like to play this game of life!  If you don't, how do you decide which shoes to wear in the morning?  Let me know in the comments!

I hope you're having a monumentous day!

Love,
Megan

8 comments :

  1. this post is amazing lol, love the whole 'lifes a game' idea :D I'm set on easy mode in the daytime, and on nights out its super expert with killer heels and too many cocktails haha x

    www.beautiful-solutions.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I love that! Sometimes playing on expert is the best way to go!

      Delete
  2. I love this post, though for me a pair of heels is the "easy" level, since I can't do as much in a really pair of heels, but flats, flats are for war time, LOL.


    Xo!
    L
    blogablebeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! There's a reason for every kind of shoe! I hope you don't have to go to war too often ;)

      Delete
  3. I used to be a high heels only kinda girl, but ever since I moved to Switzerland I have been kinda forced to wear flats. Hiking up and down the mountain is painful AND looks ridiculous in heels :-) So now I wear both, depending on the occasion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel your pain! When I was studying over in Europe, I brought a pair of heels - and I mean HIGH heels. The moment I got there and saw all the cobblestone, I knew I wouldn't be using them much!

      Delete
  4. Lovely post! Gorgeous heels x
    Loving your blog :)

    Http://yourteendiaries.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! That's very sweet of you to say. :)

      Delete